Gifts for Teenage Boys
Buying gifts for my boys has always been really fun. Finding great gifts for teen boys can be challenging. Hopefully, this list of gifts for teenage boys will help you as you begin your shopping this holiday season or whenever you need a gift!
Pin for later!
As we begin this season of gift giving, we have really tried to instill in our boys a sense of gratefulness. This is not always easy in this day and age. Some ideas that have worked for us are listed below.
- Each time the boys make money, whether it’s allowance, money they’ve earned at a job, or gift money for their birthday, we ask that they save some for gifts that they might have to purchase in the future. This shows them that what they save matters. And, when they are shopping for gifts for friends or family, it means so much more to them that they are contributing to it themselves.
- When our boys receive gifts, they are required to write thank you notes. This is not something that they enjoy, but they still have to do it. Sometimes, I am better than others at reminding them to do this, but I feel like it is so important to show gratitude to others for taking the time to purchase something that they like or enjoy. Most gifts cost money as well, so that needs to be appreciated as well.
- My boys have to think ahead and purchase gifts for one another. They really put a lot of thought into this process, and it’s been fun over the years to see what they come up with. Usually 2 go in together for the third boy, and so they work together, which is also really fun to see. Sometimes they purchase gifts, and occasionally, they will make gifts. They also are supposed to get my husband and I each something, usually with help from us:)
We make a big deal about Christmas and birthdays around here, which is so fun as we go through the year. I am so looking forward to having our college boy home for the holidays and doing all the fun activities that surround the season.
Here is a link to my YouTube video about the best ways to enjoy the holidays with your teens. Watch here!
*This post may contain affiliate links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click the link and make a purchase. My full disclosure policy is here.
Great Gifts for Teenage Boys:
1. Remote control helicopter– These have been a favorite at our house for years. The boys will fly them inside and out. They will also have helicopter wars which is very entertaining. Very easy to use, too! They taught me to fly one a few years back
2. Nike sweatshirt– My boys love all things Nike. This is a great dark color that I like without being black.
3. GoPro Hero 7 Black Action Camera (+Extra USA Battery+Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC U3 and Free Polaroid 16GB MicroSD Memory Card) This whole set is only a few dollars more than just the GoPro 7 by itself! My boys love their GoPros, and have a lot of fun filming their adventures.
4. ENO Doublenest Hammock– This is built for 2. So much fun for camping, hiking, and just plain lounging. They are very sturdy and comfortable. I dare you to climb in and not fall asleep when your son isn’t looking!
5. Virtual Reality Headset– Pansonite has just improved on these 3D glasses again. They are supposed to be great for VR games and 3D movies, and they will work with both iPhone and Android smartphones. I thought these were super expensive, but they are only $27.99! I have 2 boys that are wishing for these this Christmas:)
6. FitBit Charge 2– This watch is a great way for your teen to track workouts with pulse and heart rate monitoring. It has lots of other features including alarm, text and calendar notifications. A bit more expensive, but does have lots of capabilities.
7. Wireless Gaming Chair– These can connect to other chairs for a great gaming experience. This could be the only furniture in my basement and the boys would be thrilled. This is their dream gift this year. Not sure it will happen, but they can hope!
8. Gym bag/backpack– Converts to be either a gym bag or backpack. It’s water and tear resistant which is great for something that will be thrown around. It comes in 4 colors.
9. Dart board with 6 darts– We have one of these, and our boys love challenging each other to a game. Great game that is not electronic! I’m sure there will be a tournament or two during the holidays!
10. LCD writing tablet– This is a fun thing to have around just to sketch on. Fun for any age. Tic-tac-toe can be never-ending on this.
11. Soft air FN Scar– Like guns or not, boys will be boys. Many an air soft war has been had in our backyard and neighborhood. My boys said the list would be incomplete without including this.
12. Prep U – I just came across these body care products for guys from a friend’s recommendation. They have deodorant, body wash, or even this hygiene set with three of their products, There is even this activated charcoal scrub for their “backne”. I just ordered the deodorant for my boys to try! (I like that they are all natural products, and many of their products come in 2-packs!)
Stocking stuffers make great gifts for teenage boys!
Tamagotchi Electronic Game -It’s a little digital pet to keep alive. My boys loved these in middle school!
Sushi go! The Pick and Pass Card Game -Get the best combination of sushi in this fun, pass-the-card game!
Fart vac -This thing is hilarious. Supposed to reduce the stink of a fart -great gag gift for your resident “farter” in the house!
World’s Smallest Uno Game -it’s Uno, and it’s tiny!
I hope that this help you as you search for the perfect gifts for teenage boys!
Check out these other posts for the holidays: Gift Guide for Teen Girls, Teen Stocking Stuffers, 49 Holiday Movies to Watch With Your Teen, The Best Advent Calendars for Teens, and Budget Friendly Ideas for the Holidays.
I would love to stay in touch!
Make sure you subscribe to my Parenting High Schoolers newsletter below for more articles about surviving and thriving with teenagers. Simply enter your information below and you will be all set! You can also lfollow me on my Facebook page, on Pinterest and YouTube
I look forward to seeing you again!
Pin for later!