Backpack essentials for high school or college helps with college success!
Packing an organized backpack for high school or college is essential to academic survival. It is much smarter to plan ahead for classes, emergencies, and daily occurrences than to just throw a bunch of stuff in your pack and go. Grab this list of backpack essentials before your teens head off for college!
Pin for later!
One thing that all the students I asked had in common, was that they didn’t think about any of this before they were in high school or college, depending on the age of student I asked. Now that they have been in school, these are the things that they make sure that they always carry.
Each student and schedule will be different. Sometimes even from one semester to another, so think carefully, and readjust as the semester continues. *This post may contain affiliate links. My full disclosure policy is here.
Here is a list of college student backpack essentials
I gathered this list from six current college students. There were no differences for the high school students I asked. It just depended on their class load at the time.
- Wireless earbuds– These will come in handy for walking across campus, working out, and listening to music while studying.
2. Chapstick– This is long-lasting and has both UVA and UVB protection. It comes in a tube, not a stick, so it won’t melt.
3. Water bottle– This bottle is great with many features. It folds up, has a wide mouth, leak proof, and is BPA free.
8. A small pouch for personal items-Kleenex, hair ties, your favorite pain reliever, feminine products, and gum.
9. Last but not least, an umbrella!-Don’t get caught out in the rain with one. This particular one is windproof, which also comes in handy.
This is by no means a complete list of college backpack essentials!
However, when you are planning on your first semester at college or your last semester, the biggest takeaway I have gotten from the students that I spoke with is to be organized and be prepared for a long day. One thing I forgot from this list would be hand sanitizer, (these are cute and clip onto your key ring). Don’t forget it! Be sure to check out my complete lists for dorm room essentials and college school supplies!
I would love to stay in touch!
Make sure to visit my Facebook page, and follow me on Pinterest and YouTube where I share lots of helpful info for parents of tweens and teens! And, finally, if you feel like this post was helpful, please share it on your favorite social media platform! Thank you so much!❤️
Pin for later!